From DepotNet User Guide
A product datafeed is usually a text file filled with information about supplier's products, it can be a TAB delimited or Comma delimited CSV file, or a XML file or other formats.
Figure: A sample CSV file opened in Microsoft Office Excel 2007:
Datafeed Specifications for DepotNet
- Tab delimited, or comma delimited text file.
- File Type
- Text file. (We also support XML format)
- Delivery Method
- FTP or HTTP with or without password protection. DepotNet will automatically download the product datafeed from the FTP or HTTP location as stated.
- Fields (Column Headers)
- Required Field Names:
- Item Number
- A number that can identify the product, it should be unique number. Example: SKU
- UPC and/or MPN
- Product Name
- Product categories. For multi-level categories, please just add '>' between the parent category and son category. Example: Computers>Laptops . If a product has more than one categories, please separate categories by '|'. Example: Computers>Laptops|Computers>Ultrabooks
- Image Url
- URL of a product image. If a product has more than one images, please add additional "Image Url" columns, or just use one "Image Url" column and separate images urls by '|' .
- Wholesale Cost
- It can be the normal wholesale cost if you offer different level of the wholesale costs to different reseller accounts.
- Item Number
- Optional Fields:
- Product Options - example: Column Name "Color|Size" , Column Value "Red, Blue|S, M, L"
- Suggest Retail Price
- Brand or Manufacturer - Brand name or manufacturer of the product
- Stock Quantity
- Other Fields